What is my purpose for drinking?Should I set boundaries?What are the results of drinking?Should we be concerned that when we are not in control of ourselves when we are drink?Are there moral guidelines or laws that I should take into account?
Discussion 1/5: Wasted
Thoughts on Drinking:
- Over Time
- Before first drink
- After first drink
- During high school
- During college
- After college
Reasons for Drinking:
- Fit In (Social Norm)
- Gaining Courage (Losing Inhibitions)
What is my purpose for drinking?
- Should I set boundaries?
- No Alcohol
- Only a few drinks
- As long as I’m in control
- As long as I remember my actions
- Who cares, it’s my life, let me be
What are the results of drinking?
- Lowered inhibitions
- The ability to do things I want to do (talk to girls/boys)
- Regretting your actions
- Blacking out
- Puking (Death)
- Should we be concerned that when we are not in control of ourselves when we are drink?
- Are there moral guidelines or laws that I should take into account?
Revelations when drunk
- “The truth comes out when you are drunk.”
Alcohol in my life:
- If I want to remove alcohol from my activities, how can I go about doing that?
Is it OK to order water at a bar?
Will my friends reject me?
How can I still fit in?